For the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR), the data controller is Iris Networks Limited (for this statement referred to as ‘’Iris Networks’’ or “the company”).
Please read the following carefully to understand Iris Networks’ views and practices regarding your personal data and how the company will treat it.
About Iris Networks Limited
Iris Networks is a limited company, registered in the United Kingdom and based at Glebe Business Park, Lunts Heath Road, Widnes, Cheshire, WA8 5SQ, United Kingdom.
Iris Networks Limited owns the website www.irisnetworks.co.uk. The company’s directors are committed to ensuring that the principles of GDPR are adhered to; that the rights of individuals under GDPR are appropriately protected; and that privacy is our focus to data protection.
Information Iris Networks might collect from individuals
Iris Networks provides information and communications technologies and services, which means the company sometimes needs to collect personal information on a range of subjects including, but not limited to:
- Potential customers, existing customers and previous customers
- People who we believe may be interested in its services, or who have expressed an interest in receiving marketing material from Iris Networks, or attending events organised by the company.
In respect of each subject class above, the company might gather and hold the following personal information:
- personal identifiers such as name, company address location, phone, email, Skype, WhatsApp
- preferences with regards to areas of interest
- financial and other personal information required for the purposes of effecting a sale, purchase or completing a professional task such conducting mediation or issuing invoices
- some electronic data such as customers’ and potential customers’ IP address and other details of visits to the company’s website. This data is not used by Iris Networks, or any third party, to identify an individual.
The company may collect or hold data from the following sources:
- The company’s website, should anyone complete a form registering interest in receiving further information
- Register interest in the company’s products or services in person, in writing, by email, Skype, WhatsApp or on the phone
- Data is gathered during a transaction or an ongoing professional service, where that data is relevant to the performance of the contract, or it is legally required
- Is retained from the company’s current databases of past and present clients, potential clients and applicants
How Iris Networks May Use This Information
The company may process this information for the following purposes:
- For the performance of a contract for the instigation and duration of that contract. We may hold all or part of that information for an indefinite period thereafter unless you ask Iris Networks to desist.
- For the legitimate interests of ourselves and others in providing information to other members.
- For the fulfilment of a request by a customer or potential customer, via the company’s website or other means, to provide details of forthcoming events or other professional services. Iris Networks will continue to supply you with such details until you ask the company to desist. Iris Networks has assessed that it has a legitimate interest in providing you with related information that the company believes may be of interest or helpful to you in relation to your request. Iris Networks Limited will only process your data until you ask us to desist.
- For the fulfilment of a legal or regulatory duty, for as long as that obligation persists.
- For the provision of marketing information regarding our products or services that Iris Networks believes will be of interest to you. Iris Networks has assessed that this is a legitimate interest for the purposes of demonstrating the full breadth and quality of the company’s products and services to its clients and potential clients. Iris Networks does not believe that this offering is detrimental to the rights of those data subjects and, on balance, consider that it is less intrusive than obtaining specific consent to send marketing material. Iris Networks will not supply this data to third parties, except solely to effect delivery of products and / or services and will unsubscribe subjects immediately upon request.
- Other marketing information for which Iris Networks may request your specific consent, having advised you of the purpose and relevant retention period.
Sharing Your Personal Data
Iris Networks may need to share your data with third parties, either directly or in passing, for the following reasons:
- To help Iris Networks in the fulfilment of a contract or service to you, including our current providers of the following services:
- Credit Checking
- Money-laundering checking
- To help Iris Networks in the administration of its own business, including the company’s current providers of the following services:
- Accounting and payment processing software
- Website and IT services
- As required to authorities or regulators, including:
- HMRC and FCA
- Enforcement agencies
- For the delivery of the company’s own marketing material via printing or delivery businesses
- After assessment, to meet the legitimate interests of others in referencing, debt-collection, managing insurance claims and the like.
Iris Networks does not sell data to third parties.
Security of Your Data
Iris Networks is committed to taking appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage to personal data.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the user with a tailored experience while visiting this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers’ hard drives, they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the General Data Protection Regulations of 2018. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process, but advise users using such a form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates, but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
Iris Networks informs its customers and potential customers about products and services provided by the company. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user (this can by letter, WhatsApp, email or Skype).
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list]. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
Our email marketing communications are currently run through MailChimp.
Although Iris Networks’ website only intends to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites).
Iris Networks cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite its’ best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution regarding their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default, some social media platforms shorten lengthy URLs [web addresses].
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened URLs published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine URLs are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Your Rights in Respect of Your Data
GDPR clarifies several rights for data subjects, which are summarised below:
- Right to be informed – we should tell you what data we hold and what we do with it
- Right of access to your data – to know what data we hold on you
- Right to rectification and erasure – if you would like us to correct an inaccuracy or, where legally possible, to delete or anonymise your data
- Right to restrict processing or object to our processing data
- Right to portability of data – so that you can see and use the data for your own purposes.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you should contact us as set out below.
Updates to Our Privacy Policies
We may update our policies from time to time if operational needs or legislation requires amendment. New versions of the policies will be published on our website or available on request.