WiFi Floor Planning Service
Iris networks offer a Planner service for a wireless network, where we consider the environment in which your WiFi will operate in. Here we take in-to consideration any variables in a modern-day environment such as: building materials, access point configurations, antenna patterns and a host of other variables. We provide a reliable predictive map of Wi-Fi signal and performance. The service offers superior predictive modelling to determine an accurate quantity, placement and configuration of Access points for optimal performance, compliance and security.
- Complete 802.11 a/g/n/a/ax (Wi-Fi 6) wave 1 and 2 support for designing indoor WLAN networks Model building construction materials/obstructions and 802.11 APs
- Built-in assistance to define migration strategy to 802.11ac
- WLAN throughput estimation at every location
- Create and model any antenna and preview impact to WLAN
- Generate customised “Bill-of-materials” report against AP required • Location map for AP placement
- Single floor plans and Multi-floor plans
- Sophisticated capacity planning tool (We can use either Ekahau or AirMagnet for this service.
Network Health Check Service
By doing so, this helps us to understand your current WiFi status against your WiFi’s intended use. In many cases, wireless networks have been deployed without any consideration for the environment in which they are operating (RF) and access points are treated as just another layer-3 access device. Wideband interference from non-802.11 devices and co-channel interference often plague such networks due to the lack of understanding of RF at the onset of the project. The result is normally a network which interferes with itself, often has external interference and ultimately delivers very deficient performance.
- Identify wireless networks, APs, client devices and their associated security.
- Identify coverage areas by signal level, SNR, resilience and data rate.
- Identify internal co-channel interference issue.
- Identify other non-Wi-Fi sources of interference.
- Identify performance issues.
- Review of existing WLAN performance Deficient performance/throughput
- RF interference
- Find rouge access points
- Locate dead spots
- Passive scans of the RF environment
Q. Qhat Is The Need Wireless Site Survey?
Wireless Site Survey Services
Onsite WiFi site survey is the first step in any deployment of a Wireless network and the most crucial step to ensure desired operation. A site survey is a task-by-task process by which the surveyor studies the facility to understand the RF behaviour, discovers RF coverage areas, checks for RF interference and determines the appropriate and correct placement of Wireless devices.
In a Wireless network, many issues can arise which can prevent the radio frequency (RF) signal from reaching all parts of the facility. Examples of RF issues include multipath distortion, hidden node problems, and near/far issues. To address these, you need to find the regions where these issues occur. A site survey helps you to do this.
A site survey helps define the contours of RF coverage in a facility. It helps us to discover regions where multipath distortion can occur, areas where RF interference is high and find solutions to eliminate such issues. A site survey that determines the RF coverage area in a facility also helps to choose the number of Wireless devices that a firm needs to meet its business requirements. Finally, it is a check that the required user density and device requirements are met.
- Obtain a facility diagram to identify the potential radio frequency (RF) obstacles.
- Visually inspect the facility to look for potential barriers or the propagation of RF signals and identify metal racks and microwave ovens.
- Identify user areas that are highly used and the ones that are not used (user density).
- Determine actual access point (AP) locations. These locations include the power and wired network access, cell coverage and overlap, channel selection, and mounting locations (ceiling or wall) and any antenna considerations.
- Perform the actual surveying to verify the AP location. Make sure to use the same AP model for the survey that is used in production. While the survey is performed, relocate APs as needed and re-test. Remember to check the ‘Mesh’ capability if resilience is required.
- Document the findings. Record the locations for required AP’s, wiring and power requirements and log of signal readings as well as data rates at outer boundaries.
- Finally install the required wiring to AP locations as stated from survey results along with power needs.
- Install and test the solution then perform post survey to confirm results
Wireless Assessment and Validation
This service is designed to help organisations understand in wireless network terms what they currently have in terms of performance capacity coverage and many other benchmarks. Using our advanced WiFi test solutions we integrate all Wi-Fi technologies plus interference detection, channel scanning, and connectivity tests. Our engineers use advanced network tools that allows us to quickly verify and troubleshoot 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac network availability, connectivity, and security.
Quickly trouble-shoot the most common Wi-Fi pain points, including:
• Coverage problems
• Overloaded networks or channels
• Interference – both 802.x and Non-802.x • Connectivity problems
• Failed access points
• Rogue access points
• Security settings
• Client problems
• Supports 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax (Wi-Fi 6)
- Identifies security settings for each Network and Access Point: Open, WEP, WPA, WPA2, and/or 802.1x
- Pinpoints Wi-Fi traffic and interference – Shows how much of each channel’s bandwidth is consumed by 802.11 traffic and interference, and the APs using each channel
- Finds rogue APs – Flags unauthorized APs. Helps you hunt them down with the LOCATE function or find them even faster with the directional antenna
- Connection tests – Connects to networks or specific APs using WEP, WPA, WPA2, and/or 802.1x. Acquires an IP address and pings the router, gateway, and userdefined addresses to verify connectivity and network access inside and outside the firewall
- Verifies connection quality
All our services are conducted by certified wireless professionals using advanced, professional grade network tools. Our services are based around the wireless life cycle from planning & deployment to monitoring, troubleshooting, remediation, & optimisation.
Interference, Spectrum Isolation Service
This service is ideal for organisations experiencing interference but are unable to get to the root cause and source of this. Our team comprehensively and proactively use advanced methods to proactively identify and locate any radio frequency (RF) interference impacting Wi-Fi network performance and display by category.
- Confidently rule out any RF interference-generated impact on Wi-Fi network performance and maximise troubleshooting efficiency.
- Prevent costly rework by driving to root cause of Wi-Fi network performance issues with zero-day RF Interference Intelligence to identify, classify and locate non-Wi-Fi interference sources.
- Minimise troubleshooting effort and time by not having to interpret “squiggly lines” or manually match classification patterns, and instead be powered by the industry’s largest classification database and auto pattern recognition that helps identify any RF interference source in the world.
- Prioritise troubleshooting activities and reduce time to locate and fix issues with built-in Wi-Fi impact analysis capability.
- Dedicated troubleshooting solution guaranteeing RF interference- related fault detection as compared to “time-slicing monitoring functionality” or “AP-centric views” built inside the wireless network inf rastructure.
- Maximise your AP infrastructure investment and wireless network performance by choosing the strongest and cleanest Wi-Fi channel without RF interference.
- Secure the Wi-Fi network by verifying “no Wi-Fi zones” and detecting intentional RF interference sources such as RF jammers.
- Accelerate deployment projects and minimize expensive wireless LAN performance impact due to RF interference sources by performing simultaneous Spectrum and Wi-Fi analysis in a single site survey walk through.
- Network analysis – wired and wireless
- Instant network mapping and network path analysis speeds “time to know”
- Quick diagnosis of network vs. application problems
- Line-rate network packet capture and analysis (1G / 10G)
- Assess network quality for VoIP/Video/UC deployments
- 11 WLAN planning, deployment, troubleshooting
Installation & Cabling Services
We offer a fully comprehensive installation & configuration service for all wireless networks. Once the planning and design stage is complete, the next step would be to install and set up the solution. We work closely with our clients to ensure the guided process is complete and successful.
Our team of professional and experienced electrical and cable engineers work closely with our clients, to ensure excellent quality cabling laid correctly. Our team understand the critical dependency of quality cable installations to ensure performance of your network.
Experienced Wi-Fi and network professionals dedicated to business driven and outcome focused results, your trusted partner.