Cape have released two new features that give you more visibility on two important processes that affect the user onboarding experience: DHCP and EAP:
- DHCP DORA timing metrics – You are now able to peek into the the DHCP DORA (discover, offer, request, acknowledge) exchanges, whenever there is an issue, to view the breakdown of the transaction times and understand which part of the process is causing the delay or failure.
- EAP timing visibility – In addition Cape are now providing Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) timing as a new metric that is tracked historically. Tracking EAP timing can help to identify issues with 802.1X (i.e. RADIUS authentication) performance.
And three new features that give you more control over the SSIDs you’re monitoring:
- SSID aliasing – SSID aliasing enables more control over how SSIDs are tested.
- Now you can:
- Make SSID names more readable on the dashboard
- Configure two or more different test profiles on the same SSID
- Test SSIDs with the same name but different authentication methods or pass-phrases
- Add multiple aliases where monitoring is locked to 2.4GHz or 5GHz and assign those aliases to different sensors
- Band locking – SSIDs (and aliases) can now be tested on one band only. This means that sensors will only connect to the SSID and test it on the specified band. An SSID can be locked to 2.4 GHz only, 5 GHz only, or set to “Auto”. In Auto mode, which remains the default setting, the sensor will choose the best band to connect to similar to a regular client.
- External Connectivity Override – External connectivity testing can now be disabled on any specified SSID (or alias). Toggling this will disable testing, errors, and notifications related to external connectivity. This is helpful for networks where external connectivity to the internet is not supported or no DNS servers are configured. If no external connectivity is available via Wi-Fi or Ethernet, Cape sensors will upload test results via built-in cellular connectivity.
If you’d like to see these new features in action, ask us for a demo!