The Threat Landscape has Changed. Advance Your Visibility and Security Posture to Adapt.
Organisations are bombarded by advanced persistent threats and attacks on a daily basis and need to continually improve their cyber security posture and capabilities. A proactive approach enabled by unified visibility and an Active Protection Suite™ helps organisations accelerate advances in cyber security posture, capabilities and responses. It employs multiple security systems to create a pervasive defense architecture for a broad range of attacks. VSS network packet brokers provide critical visibility to combinations of security solutions like active inline network analysis and passive, out-of-band network forensics appliances as well as active payload analysis offerings.
Pervasive defense requires a proactive security architecture. Proactive security requires access to all the traffic flowing through the network. It must be flexible enough that changes can be made without network disruption. With so many security systems working together, a Unified Visibility Plane enabled by VSS also ensures the security systems are working as intended. Should any inline security applications fail, they may be bypassed or traffic can be sent to another system.
Key Criteria to Deliver an Optimal Security Architecture:
- Enable organizations to enhance their cybersecurity posture and capabilities while reducing risks, impact on network operations and costs
- Enable continuous improvement in security deployments from passive to active inline and large-scale advanced threat defense
- Support multiple layers of defense without risk to network performance or uptime
- Offer a failsafe insertion point into the network for security tools to be placed inline and in series
- Service-chain any mix of inline and out-of-band security systems in any order without physical reconfiguration or downtime
- Load balance 10Gb streams to 1Gb inline security appliances to take advantage of existing systems
- Aggregate multiple 1Gb traffic streams to a 10Gb security system to secure multiple lower-bandwidth links